The different combinations of the Dual Program are as follows:
- 2 bachelor’s degree programs (2 different departments)
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 2-year diploma program (2 different departments)
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 1-year certificate program (2 different departments)
- 2 accredited 2-year diploma programs (2 different departments)
- 2 accredited 1-year certificate programs (2 different departments)
- A 2-year diploma program and a 1-year certificate program (2 different departments)
- Any bachelor’s degree program except the BAIS and the Bridge to MAIS (BMAIS) program
- Intensive Arabic Program and any bachelor, diploma, higher diploma, or certificate program
The seven departments at the IOU are:
- Department of Arabic Language and Linguistics
- Department of Business Administration
- Department of Education
- Department of Information Technology
- Department of Islamic Economics, Banking and Finance
- Department of Islamic Studies
- Department of Psychology
You can take the MAIS and B.Sc. in IBE together but they will not be counted as a combination of the Dual Program as one is a postgraduate program and the other is an undergraduate program. However, you may enroll into both of them given that you meet the admission criteria for both. Also please note that you do NOT need to open a separate account to register into both the programs.
I’m studying a bachelor’s program at the IOU and have completed the first semester Arabic courses. Can I be included in IAP now and continue with my second semester in IAP or do I have to start again?
You may join IAP now under the Dual Program and apply for internal credit transfer for the common courses between your bachelor’s and IAP. Once you apply and pay for your internal credit transfer, you do not need to redo the same courses at the IAP again.
The maximum duration varies across the various combinations of the programs:
- 2 bachelor’s degree programs (2 different departments) = maximum 12 years
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 2-year diploma program (2 different departments) = maximum 12 years
- A bachelor’s degree program and an accredited 1-year certificate program (2 different departments) = maximum 12 years
- 2 accredited 2-year diploma programs (2 different departments) = maximum 6 years
- 2 accredited 1-year certificate programs (2 different departments) = maximum 3 years
- A 2-year diploma program and a 1-year certificate program (2 different departments) = maximum 6 years
- Any bachelor’s degree program except the BAIS and the Bridge to MAIS (BMAIS) program = maximum 12 years
- Intensive Arabic Program and any bachelor, diploma, higher diploma, or certificate program = maximum 12 / 6 / 4.5 / 3 years respectively
What happens when there are courses that I have already taken in one bachelor's program that coincide with my other program under the Dual Program? Do I take the courses again?
No, you do not have to repeat them. You can pay the internal credit transfer fee and you will receive the credits for your second program as well.
As you may be aware that the University has launched a revised model of tutorial support for most of the old courses, hence new courses which have been freshly launched will have live sessions till it is phased out gradually. You may learn more details about it here http://www.islamiconlineuniversity.com/campus/faqnu/search.php
If the live session timing of two freshly launched courses clash, you can attend any one of them and later watch the recording of the other one. If you watch the recording of any of them at your convenient time, you will be entitled to receive the attendance marks as applicable, in sha Allah.
Switching between the Streams on Campus
No, you do not need two different ids.
Please carefully note that you must NOT open a new account to register for the Dual Program. One account is sufficient. Creating more than one account will cause problem.
Using this link here you can switch between your two streams of study on campus with the same student account (same id).
You can view your current stream name at the top right corner of the page, right below your name, in shaa Allaah. After switching your stream here, please REFRESH your page and you will be able to see that you have switched your stream.
Pause Dual Program Temporarily
Yes, you may halt your studies in one stream temporarily and continue with your other stream of study. However, please note that the maximum time period will not be increased even if you put a pause to your studies in both or either of the streams for a while.
Can I apply for exemption from marks deduction to appear for my exams in the late exam period because I am enrolled in the Dual Program and want to attempt some of the exams during the late period?
The students who are enrolled in the Dual Program will be allowed to attempt their midterm and final exams in both the regular and the late exam period without any deduction of 15% for attempting in the late exam period.
As a student of the Dual Program, you do not need to apply for exemption in the exemption portal. It will be processed automatically by the system.
Please note that this is only applicable when you are enrolled in both the programs in a given semester, and not when you have paused one of the programs and continuing with one program only.
Cancel Dual Program Altogether
It is allowed to cancel the dual program registration. However, please carefully note that there will be no refund of the semester registration fees, internal credit transfer fees and other course drop, grade transfer etc. fees that you have already paid.
You need to pay your internal credit transfer fee for the common courses completed as soon as you complete them. Otherwise your grade history or transcript will not reflect the common courses completed in the other stream. This may prevent you from enrolling into courses that have prerequisites.
I have completed the prerequisite of one of my courses in my other stream at the Dual Program. Yet I am unable to enroll into it. What shall I do now?
Please pay internal credit transfer fee for the course and apply for internal credit transfer. In sha Allaah then your credit will be transferred for the course accordingly and you will be able to enroll into your course smoothly.
Certificate and Transcript
Shall I receive one combined certificate / one transcript for my dual degree, or will it be two distinct sets of certificate and transcript?
Once you meet the graduation requirement of each of your degrees under the Dual Program, you will be awarded with distinct certificate and transcript for each of your degrees. Hence, upon successful completion, you will receive two distinct sets of certificate and transcript under your Dual Program registration.